When the mobile number in your Gmail is no longer active, then of course you have to replace the number with a new active number. Moreover, the number will be very useful, especially as a way to recover a Google account if you forget your password.
How to Change Mobile Number in Gmail itself is very easy. You can do this on a smartphone or PC. Below are some ways you can do this:
How to Change Your Phone Number in Gmail in 3 Ways
How to change Phone Number Gmail on Android
When you use a smartphone, to change your cell phone number you only need to do these steps:
- First, open the settings menu or settings on the smartphone.
- You can scroll down until you find the Google menu
- If you have clicked the Google menu then click the Manage your Google account menu menu
- Next, you can select the personal info menu then click the phone menu
- You can press your cell phone number then click the pencil icon and tap the Update Number button.
- Then tap Select if the new number has been entered.
- Finally, type in your new cell phone number in that section then verifies via message.
That’s the way you can do to change the phone number in Gmail. What you need to pay attention to is make sure your cellphone number is still active so that later you can receive the verification code sent from Google.
How to Change Mobile Number in Gmail Account on iPhone
How to change the number described above applies to Android-type cell phones. So, what if you have a cell phone with a different operating system like iOS? Don’t worry because you can still change numbers in the following way
- In the first step, you need to run the Gmail application on the device using the help of the internet network
- Next, select the three vertical lines icon so you can open the menu from Gmail
- Then you can open the settings menu, select your account, then select the Google account management menu
- If you have, you can select the personal info menu then go to phone options
- Then click the Edit menu next to the cellphone number
- You can choose to update the phone number
- After that, fill in the new cell phone number, lastly do the verification step
How to Change Mobile Number in Gmail Via Laptop
Another step you can take to change your cell phone number in Gmail is to use a laptop or PC. You can use the web browser application on the device to update the cell phone number.
- First, type the address https://accounts.google.com or directly click this link.
- After that, select the personal info menu on the left side
- Then click the contact info menu and select the phone menu
- Then click on the phone number.
- You will be asked to log in, just enter the password for the account
- Then tap the pencil icon again to edit the phone number
- On the next screen, tap Update Number.
- Enter the new number and tap Select.
- Finally, select the Get Code menu, then do the verification step.
Also Read: How to Change or Reset Your Gmail Password
Well, it’s easy, isn’t it, How to Change Mobile Number in Gmail on Android, iPhone, or Laptop? If you have done it to completion then you have successfully changed the number to a new number. Also, make sure that the new number is always active so that your Gmail account can be kept safe.