Changing Instagram passwords regularly and periodically is able to avoid hijacking Instagram accounts. So, make sure you know How to Change Instagram Password so you can change it whenever needed.
Instagram is a social media that is quite popular for now. In Instagram, there are features of followers or followers that greatly affect the development of Instagram accounts.
If there is an Instagram account with a large number of followers, it means that the Instagram account is very valuable. The higher the number of followers, the higher the price of the Instagram account.
So, if your Instagram account has a large number of followers, be sure to change your Instagram password regularly to keep it safe. Because by changing your Instagram password, you can avoid hackers trying to break into your account.
How to Change Your Instagram Password
Because passwords are a very important component, Instagram makes it easy to change passwords. You can change the IG password from the application on the Android, iPhone, iPad, or the web version of Instagram on computers and laptops.
So, you can use any available device to change the Instagram account password. How to do it is also quite easy, here are the steps below.
Change Instagram Password on Phone
Changing the Instagram account password using the Instagram application on a cellphone is a very easy job. You just need to follow the steps below.
Here’s how to change Instagram password on your phone:
- Open the Instagram application on your device.
- Login using your Instagram username and password.
- Go to Profile then enter the Settings menu.
- Select the Security menu and then Password.
- Fill in your current password at the top of the column.
- Then fill in the new password in the second and third columns.
- Make sure to fill it in correctly then tap the tick icon.
By pressing the check icon in the upper corner, you will save the password change on your Instagram account. Now you can log into your Instagram account using the new password.
Change Instagram Password on PC
If you don’t have a mobile device or smartphone with you, you can still change your Instagram password using a PC or laptop computer.
Follow how to change your Instagram password on PC below:
- Go to the Instagram.com website
- Then log in using your IG account.
- Then go to the Instagram profile page.
- Click the Edit Profile button next to your username.
- Click the Change Password option.
- Type the old and new passwords into the appropriate fields.
- If so, click the Change Password button.
Now the new password is stored on the Instagram account. Make sure to keep in mind the new password because that password is the one used on your Instagram account.
Benefits of Changing Instagram Password
If you change your Instagram account password regularly, the possibility of experiencing an Instagram account breach is very small. This is even more so if you really keep the Instagram password and only you know it.
The higher the number of followers, the higher the hacker wants your Instagram account. Because as explained above, Instagram accounts with a high number of followers have high sales prices too.
However, changing your password regularly does not mean that you need to change your Instagram password as often as possible. You can schedule to change the password once a month or once a month.
Because if you change your Instagram account password too often, it will cause the opposite. IG accounts that frequently change passwords will be more vulnerable to being broken into and forgetting passwords.
In addition, Instagram will suspect password activity that changes so often that it can block your Instagram account.
Tips for Creating a Strong Password
After you know how to change the Instagram password above, there is one more thing you should pay attention to. If you change your Instagram password to prevent your account from being hacked by irresponsible people, everything will be meaningless if you use a weak password.
Using a weak password makes your Instagram account password more vulnerable to being guessed by others. Well, here are some tips for creating an Instagram password so that it isn’t easy for other people to guess:
- Use a combination of letters, numbers, and symbols.
- Use a combination of uppercase and lowercase letters.
- Don’t use numbers from the date, month, and year of birth.
- The longer the character of the password, the better.
- Never use your Instagram username as a password.
- Avoid words that are often related to you.
Also Read: How to Make Money on Instagram as a Beginner
That’s How to Change Instagram Password on Your Phone or PC. Don’t forget to schedule a schedule to change your Instagram password regularly. And of course, use a strong password so that it is not easily guessed by others.