How to Change Instagram Password on iPhone or Android phone? Changing the password on Instagram is one solution if you feel there is suspicious activity, whether it’s an attempted login or you think you’ve connected your account to a third-party service.
To change your Instagram password, you just need to do a few simple steps.
How to change your Instagram password or reset it
- Open the Instagram app.
- The next step if the Instagram application is already open is to log in or enter the account you want to change the password for.
- After that, you can choose the hamburger button or better known as the three-line button at the top right. Next, you can select the settings menu / Settings.
- The next step is to click on the security menu in the row of menus.
- After that, select the password menu at the very top.
- Next, the password menu will provide three blank fields. From there, you only need to enter the password for the Instagram account that is being used in the first column. Then in the second and third columns use the latest password.
As a recommendation, when entering the latest password, it’s a good idea to pay attention to the following things so that your latest password can be more secure:
- Long passwords
There’s nothing wrong with using a long password so that it is more difficult for others to guess your latest password. It’s a good idea to use at least 12 characters in the new password. This means, the more characters you use, the less risk of hacking your account later.
- Use special characters
In addition, it is also a good idea for you to use special characters when creating the new password. The special character referred to here is like changing the letter A with the combination “@” and so on. And the most important thing is not to embed some words related to the date of birth or month of birth because it is very easy to guess.
So those are some things you can apply when you want to change your old password with a new one. You can use several of the methods described above in the order in which they are on an Android device or an iOS device.
So, what happens if you don’t want to change the new password for fear of forgetting the new password? Don’t worry because you can still use an application called a password manager. With this application, you will not have to worry about forgetting the password used.
To use the password manager application itself, you only need to install it through the Play Store or App Store. That way, you can have an account that is much more secure in terms of storing memories of account passwords digitally.