How to Change Instagram Email Address? Many users are looking for a way to change their email addresses on Instagram accounts. You may also be one of them who wants to change your email address for different reasons. If you’re having problems with your Instagram account for one reason or another, it’s important to change your email address on your Instagram account so you don’t lose access to your own account. Either it has been hacked or you forgot your password.
Many Instagram users sign up with fake emails or old email addresses that you no longer use. While it may be a good thing to use fake emails for security concerns, there may be different issues in the future.
If you’re using an email address that you no longer used to register your Instagram account, you’re sure to have a hard time recovering your Instagram account in case something goes wrong one day! So, if your Instagram is linked to one of the old email addresses that you haven’t accessed for a long time, you should consider changing it to prevent losing your Instagram account forever.
Therefore, if you are using an inactive email, follow these steps to change your Instagram email easily and quickly.
How to Change Your Email Address on Instagram
How to Change Email Address Using Mobile
On your phone (iPhone, iPad, or Android), use the Instagram app to update or change the email address on your account.
- Open the Instagram app on your phone. Then on the bottom bar of the app, tap on your profile icon.
- On your profile page, tap “Edit Profile.”
- On the “Edit Profile” screen, at the bottom, tap “Personal Information Settings.” Tap the “Email Address” field.
- You will see the “Change Email” screen. From here, type in the new email address you want to use with your Instagram account. Then, in the top right corner, tap the checkmark icon.
- Next, you will see a “Check Your Email” prompt. Tap “OK.”
Instagram will usually send an email to your new email address for the verification process. So open your email inbox, access Instagram email, and tap the “Confirm Email Address” link on the incoming email.
How to Change Email Address Using Desktop
If you’re using a desktop computer like Windows, Mac, Linux, or Chromebook, use the Instagram website to change your email address.
- To do this, first, open a web browser on your computer and go to the Instagram website. Log in to your own account.
- Once logged in, in the top right corner of the site, click on your profile icon. From the menu that opens, select “Profile.”
- On the profile page, next to your username, click “Edit Profile”. Scroll down the “Edit Profile” page so you see the “Email” field. Click this field and enter the new email address you will use for your account. Then click “Submit.”
Just like above, you need to verify your new email address by clicking on the link in the email you received from Instagram. To do so, open your email inbox, access the email from Instagram, and click the “Confirm Email Address” link in the email.