How to change Gmail name to make it more representative is common, and can be done in two ways, via a mobile application (smartphone) or using a PC.
Is there any difference between the two methods above? Of course very different. Let’s just try it.
How to Change Your Gmail Name Without Creating a New Email Address
How to Change Your Display Name on Gmail via Smartphone
- Open the Gmail app on your smartphone, then tap the options menu and tap Settings.
- Furthermore, if you have several emails, then select the email whose name you want to change.
- On the next page, tap Manage your Google Account.
- Log in to the relevant account.
- Tap personal info and tap your name.
- Now change it to any other name as per your wish. Tap Save to save changes.
How to Change Your Name in Gmail PC
Now we try to change the name of the Gmail account using a PC or laptop.
- Open gmail.com using your favorite browser.
- Login to your Gmail and now click on the gear button on the top right and click on View all settings.
- Then click Account and Import – Edit Info
- Then a new popup window will appear like this. Well, fill in the column under the name to a new field or a new name as you wish.
- Don’t forget to click Save Changes.
After doing one of the two methods above, you are sure to have succeeded in changing the name on your Gmail account to the new name.