You should know how to change your Facebook password because security in playing social media is not something that should be underestimated. You have to take into account password security, especially on Facebook so you can avoid hacking from irresponsible people.
Change the Facebook account password, you can use an android cellphone or laptop. Changing Facebook passwords regularly will make your FB account more secure and less accessible to others.
You can change Facebook password easily because you can use any device to do it. You can use PC, android, or iOS to change your Facebook password.
How to change your Facebook password
Even though Facebook is a popular social media for a long time, some people still don’t know how to change the password on their FB account.
The following is a brief review of the use of the FB password change feature via a laptop and applications on Android and iPhone cellphones.
Change the first FB password, namely via a PC or laptop. In this method, you must ensure that you are connected to the internet network, then you can simply use a web browser application such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Opera, or others.
Here’s how to change your FB password:
- Go to facebook.com
- then notice in the upper right corner there is a down arrow icon, click the arrow.
- Then several options will appear, click the Settings menu.
- In the settings, click the Security menu and Login Info.
- Scroll down until you find Change password click the Edit button.
- Next, fill in your current password in the first column.
- Then fill in the new password in the second and third columns.
- If you have filled all three fields correctly, click the Save Changes button.
Now your Facebook account has successfully changed the password. You can use the new password if you want to log into your Facebook account.
On Android phones and iPhones
The Facebook app on Android and iOS is no different. So if you are an Android or iOS mobile users such as an iPhone and iPad, then you can try the following guide below.
How to change Facebook password on mobile phone:
- Open the Facebook application on your device.
- After the Facebook application opens, open the menu by tapping the three horizontal lines icon in the top right corner of your screen.
- Scroll down until you find the Settings & Privacy menu, tap then select the Settings menu.
- Then select the Security menu and log in.
- Scroll down and tap the Change password menu.
- Fill in your current password in the first column.
- Then type the new password in the second and third fields.
- The final step is to tap the Save Changes button.
Make sure you use a strong password so that your FB account is not easily broken into by other people. Also, make sure to always remember the password.
But if you forget it, please read how to overcome a forgotten Facebook password that has been previously explained.
Enable Two-Factor Authentication
It should be noted that if you are not satisfied enough with changing your password to protect your Facebook account from being hacked. It is recommended to use two-factor authentication to secure your Facebook account.
Two-factor authentication is the second security after you log in using your Facebook password. This feature is active when you log into your Facebook account using a new device.
With two-factor authentication, you have to enter the OTP code sent to your cellphone number.
If you want to activate the Two-factor Authentication feature, you just have to go to the Security menu and login in to how to change the Facebook password above. Two-factor authentication sits just below the change password.
Two-factor authentication is active only once. This means that if your device has been verified with the OTP code sent, two-factor authentication will not appear again if you sign in using the device.
This feature is very useful if you want to protect your Facebook account from random people who can use your Facebook account.