How to Change Facebook Password on Mobile and PC? As we know, to log in to Facebook, we need a username and password. The password itself is confidential, and no one else should know.
So if you feel like someone already knows your password, either because someone accidentally mentioned it, or because you logged in on a suspicious site with your Facebook account, then you need to change the account password as soon as possible.
How to change your Facebook password
A. How to change your Facebook password via the Facebook application on your cell phone
Here we use the Facebook application on an Android phone. Actually, even on the iPhone, it shouldn’t be much different, if you use the regular Facebook application.
Here are the steps.
- Open the Facebook application on your respective smartphone.
- Once on your Facebook home page. Please tap the “hamburger” menu in the upper right corner.
- If you have a menu option will appear as below. Scroll down and look for the “Settings” menu.
- After being on the settings page, then enter the “Security and Login” menu.
- Once on the security page and login, scroll down and look for the Login settings section. Select the “Change password” menu.
- After that you will be taken to the password column page. In the first column please fill in your current password, in the second column fill in your new password, and in the third column please repeat your new password.
- If you have filled everything in, please tap “Save changes”.
- If you have, you will be taken to a page like an image below. Here we select “stay logged in” so that you are not logged out of your Facebook on other devices. BUT, if you suspect that your account has been hacked, then select “Review other devices”, and force logout from all other devices.
B. Changing Facebook password on PC or computer
Below we will explain how to change the Facebook password on your computer or laptop browser.
- Please log in to your respective Facebook accounts.
- If you have, click the “arrow icon” to bring up the menu. Select the “Settings” menu.
- Once you are on the settings page, go to the “Security and login” menu.
- After being on the “security and login” page, please enter the “change password” menu.
- You will be taken to a page like below. Please fill in the available password fields. Column 1 is your current password, column 2 is filled with your new password, and column 3 is also your new password.
- If you have filled all the fields, click “Save changes”.
- You will be taken to a page like below. Select “stay signed in”, if you feel your account is still safe. Otherwise, select “Review other devices”, and force log out all devices that you don’t recognize.
By changing social media passwords regularly, it means that you are careful in securing your social media accounts. To make your password even more secure, make sure your password uses a combination of numbers and letters to make it more difficult to guess.
That’s all the discussion about How to Change Facebook Password on Mobile and PC, if you have something to ask or add, you can send it in the comments column. Good luck.