The cursor in a computer is useful as a navigation tool for many things. The shape of this cursor varies depending on the direction it works. If to point or adjust, for example, the cursor will be shaped like an arrow tip. If you want to click on a link, the cursor will be in the form of a pointing finger. While waiting for loading too, the cursor has a different shape.
In Windows 10. you can change the visual shape of your cursor. You can change the cursor size, color, and shape. How to easily change the cursor on a Windows 10 laptop is below. Previously, you need to know the basic mouse settings in Windows 10 below.
Basic Mouse Settings in Windows 10
Before trying to change the cursor on a Windows 10 laptop, you should first know the basic mouse settings on your laptop. To enter this mouse setting, you simply press Windows key + I to enter Windows Settings, then select Device> Mouse.
Also Read: How to Fix an all Laptop Keyboard Problem
The basic settings for your mouse will be displayed there. At the very top is to select your primary button to replace your main mouse button. By default, the system will select the left button, but you can change it to the right button if at any time you use the mouse with the left hand.
The second is Roll the mouse wheel to scroll. This setting is useful for determining how many rows the page moves when you scroll the mouse wheel.
Multiple lines at a time is the default setting of the system where you can specify the number of lines yourself at the bottom. The farther a page slides to the left, the less row will go when you scroll the mouse wheel at a time.
Another option from this second setting is One screen at a time. If you choose this setting, then one page will go away when you scroll your mouse wheel.
The last one is the setting Scroll inactive windows when I hover them. A useful setting when you are opening two windows in one view. If this feature is active, then you can scroll in both windows without clicking on the window. If you disable it, you have to click on a window to be able to scroll through it.
How to Change Cursor on Windows 10
The First Way: Changing the Cursor in Windows Settings
You can change the cursor on a Windows 10 laptop very easily. You can do this first method in Windows Settings. Following are the steps to do it.
- First, you have to go to Windows Settings by clicking Windows key + I. After that go to Easy Access> Cursor & pointer size.
- To change the cursor, all you have to do is select the Change pointer size section. You will find three cursor size options there, starting from small, medium, and large.
- If you want to change the cursor color, click the Change pointer color section. There are three color choices for the cursor here, namely white, black, and black and white.
Second Way: Changing the Cursor in Pointers Settings
In this second method, you can change the visual style of the cursor along with various other settings. Following are the easy steps.
Also Read: How to Fix Laptop Touchpad Not Working
- Click the Start button at the bottom left of the display and select the search box. Type the word ‘Mouse’ until the result is ‘Mouse settings’. Click the search result.
- When you enter the mouse settings, look for the Additional mouse options section, and click it. Later a new window will appear with various menus. Choose the “Pointers” setting menu.
- In the Scheme section, you can change and assign the entire visual cursor (for example, the cursor selects, waits, moves, etc.) at once. There are dozens of schemes that you can choose from there. Any cursor scheme that you want to set, a preview will appear in the box to the right.
- As an alternative, you can use the Customize section to randomly change the visual cursor to your liking.
- To get more choices, click Browse and look for a file format.ANI (animation) or.CUR (static) to replace various kinds of visual cursors. When the author tries to browse, there are dozens of related file types that you can choose from.
- When finished changing the cursor, click Apply then OK.
Third Way: Changing the Cursor in Control Panel
How to change the third cursor is actually almost the same as the first method. It’s just that you will do it in the Control Panel menu. The following are the steps.
- Go to the search menu on the Start button. Type in ‘Control Panel’ and go there when it is found. After that select the Easy of Access Center section.
- Look for the Make the mouse easier to use the menu. After the new page opens, there will be displayed various cursor options for you to change. There are nine cursor choices such as Regular White, Regular Black, Regular Inverting, and others.
- If you have set the cursor replacement, click Apply then OK to complete the setting.
Advanced Cursor Settings
After you change the visual cursor shape in the Pointers settings menu, you can still make further cursor settings in the Pointer Options setting menu. Here you can specify the speed of the cursor moving, visibility, and more. Here are the steps for you.
- After you open the Pointers settings menu in the second way to change the cursor, you can move on to the next menu, namely Pointer Options.
- In the Select a pointer speed menu option, you can determine how fast your cursor moves on the laptop screen.
- You can also check the “Enhance pointer precision” menu option to adjust how far the cursor moves depending on how fast you move it. It won’t work very well if your mouse sensor is really bad.
- Next, there is the Snap To option, which if you activate it will move the cursor automatically to the default button (such as the OK or Apply button) when a dialog box opens.
- You can check Display pointer trails if you want the cursor to have a shadow (duplicate itself) as you move it. You can specify the length and shortness of the shadow of your cursor under it.
- Finally, you can check the “Hide pointer while typing” option to hide the cursor when you type and “Show location of pointer when I press the Ctrl key” to find out where the cursor is when pressing the CTRL key (very useful if your laptop or computer screen is very wide).
Also Read: How to Fix Laptop is not Connecting to WiFi
That’s How to Change Cursor on Windows 10 Fast and Easy. That way, now you can customize the visual shape of your cursor to your liking. So, good luck with these Weblogue tips.