Maybe you don’t feel comfortable when a photo of your house enters the Google Maps mapping. However, you can maintain your privacy by blurring your home photo to make it more obscure on Maps. Here’s How to Blur Your Home on Google Street View.
Recently a man named Khairul Anam protested the actions of Google, which took photos of his house complex without permission. Through the Twitter account @maskhairulanam, he considered that what Google had done violated privacy.
The reason is that there is no clear permit, and the complex area does not include public roads so it does not need to be recorded to be included in Maps. The case went viral on Twitter and received many responses from netizens.
Indeed, data privacy matters are very important in this digital era. You as much as possible to maintain the privacy of yourself and your family, because personal data displayed on the internet has the potential to be stolen and used to commit cybercrimes.
However, the Google Maps app is an app that helps you with navigation. By entering your home data on Maps, it makes it easier for logistics service providers, or online transportation to make deliveries to your home.
The solution to this problem is to blur the photo of the house on Google Maps. This method can be an option for those of you who want to maintain privacy, but your home location can still be accessed via Google Maps.
How to blur your house on Google Street View
Usually, the view of the house is very clear when you activate the Google Street View feature on Maps. Through Street View, you can see a photo of a particular street or house location up to 360 degrees.
However, Google Street View has automatically blurred people’s faces, house numbers, and license plates in the area. The goal is to protect the privacy of the public.
To increase privacy, Google also gives you the opportunity to blur your home photos. The method is quite easy, and you just need to follow various steps until your house is successfully blurred.
- Open the Google Maps app and enter your home address in the search field.
- Open Street View mode, by clicking the box icon on the top right, and selecting Street View mode which has a human icon.
- After finding your home in Street View, please click on the top right corner and select Report a Problem.
- You will be taken to the next page, and to mark the house you want to blur. You do this by shifting the line of the red box in the column.
- Next, please select the Request blurring option, and select the My Home option.
- Enter your email address, click I am not a robot, and click send.
Google will then review your report, and will notify you if the photo has been blurred. Just for your information, if the blurring will be permanent, you have to think carefully before blurting a house photo.
Okay, that was How to Blur Your Home on Google Street View. I hope this information is helpful.