How to Add Recovery Email and Phone Number in Gmail? All internet users must have a Google or Gmail account. Given that Gmail is a magical tool that provides many benefits, including the main requirement to be able to connect to various applications provided by Google.
With a google account too, you can have another account on various social media. Like creating a Facebook account, Twitter account, and others, all of which require a Google account.
So effective, of course, you don’t want to lose this account right? It’s really a shame if you suddenly need this account, and you forget the password.
How to Set up a Recovery Phone Number or Email Address
But take it easy. There are many ways you can do to restore an account that you forgot the password for. One of them is to reset the password via a recovery email and phone number. Then how?
I will explain how to add a recovery email and also a phone number, so that later if one day you forget your Google account password, you can reset the password.
How To Add Recovery Email In Gmail
First, I’ll explain how to add a recovery email to your Google account. The method:
- log in to your Gmail account
First login to Gmail by opening the http://myaccount.google.com page, then enter your username and password using a browser on your computer or android.
- Enter Account Settings
After you finish logging in, you will be directed to the Account Settings section. On this page, there are four main menus, namely:
- Profiles, which you can use to set info about your various accounts, starting with your name and more..
- Security, which you can use to modify and add recovery, including adding recovery email and mobile number.
- Email Address contains the email that you are currently using. you can change it too.
- Connected accounts contain a view of your email account connected to anything.
- Select Password recovery options
To add a recovery email and mobile number, select Password recovery options.
- Select Account recovery options
Please scroll down until you find Account recovery options, there you will see two options, email recovery, and phone recovery. Recovery mail is used to add recovery email and recovery phone is used to add a phone number for recovery. For the recovery phone, it’s usually already filled in with the number you used when you first registered for a Gmail account.
- Email recovery
To add a recovery email, you first select the recovery email, as shown below
- Enter Password
After you click as I show above, you will be directed to a new page that asks you to enter a password. This password is to ensure that you are the one who actually takes the action, not someone else.
- Add Recovery Email
After the password you entered is correct, press enter and you will be immediately directed to the Recovery Email page. At this point, please press Add Recovery Mail.
Only after that, there will be an empty box that you must fill with the email that you will use for the recovery email. After that click Done. You have added a recovery email.
How To Add And Change Phone Number In Gmail
To add or change a phone number, the method is almost the same as adding a recovery email as above. Go ahead, let’s check this!
- Open the account page at http://myaccount.google.com/ using your favorite browser on a computer or android.
- Next, enter Account Settings. After you finish logging in, you will be directed to the Account Settings section.
- Select Password recovery options. To do add phone recovery, select Password recovery options.
- Then select Account recovery options. The trick, scroll down until you find Account recovery options, there you will see two options, email recovery, and phone recovery. To change the phone number, please click recovery phone. Usually, it is already filled with the number you used when you first registered for a Gmail account.
- After that, you will be directed to the verification page. Please enter a password. Press enter and you will immediately be directed to the Recovery phone page. At this point, please press Add Recovery phone.
- Only after that, there will be a box containing the cellphone number that you used when registering, please replace it with a new number. Click done and done.
Why Should Add Email and Mobile Number For Recovery?
Really, what’s the need to add a recovery email or phone number anyway?
The reason is simple so that if you forget, you can open it again with the recovery account or with a verification code sent to your phone number. Human names are often forgotten, right? So, to anticipate that, when you’re forgetting.
If you don’t add a recovery email or phone number, when you forget your password or username then there is no other option to recover or change the Gmail password.
Also Read: How to Gmail Password Reset in 5 Minutes
The final word
Usually, when this happens, Google will ask you a question that I believe will be very difficult for the account owner to answer before you can recover or reset the password.
Here’s an example question: When was the last time you were able to sign in to your Google Account? (Required), When was the last time you were able to log into your google account? (required), When did you create a google account? (required).
Well, that’s a very difficult question. So why not just add a recovery email and phone number?